<$BlogRSDURL$>

Crescent Fresh

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

and so it begins...

let's continue this documentation from where we last left off.
I'll call this post the Halloween chronicles.

You see I had this ultimate dream of finding a mass of orange pumpkins for the 5th and 6th graders to carve up. I jumped the gun a bit as I had them already sketching out their designs before I knew where to even look. Needless to say, they were not waiting for me at the supermarket. So I turned for help to the Board of Education and man did they come in big time for me. The BoE contacted the Agriculture department of Azuma village which documents which farmers are growing what, and in no time

BAM PUMPKIN SAKUSEN SEIKO(pumpkin plan success)!!!


















So now I had the pumpkins in had and all was well. Infact I decided to help out at the local english cramschool(aka juku)'s Halloween party.










me on the right

Ok so let's enjoy a pumpkin carving( the "let's enjoy a..." moniker is very popular here)

The 5th graders have their weapons of choice and are ready to shred pumpkins









and now some ramdom pics









Crazy 6th graders


hAHA EVEN the vice principal wants in






there are more pumpkins (total of 12 for 60 students) but it just takes too long to upload them all

and last but not least is Halloween at the yochien(kindergarten)


too... many... of them.... can't.... breath.... plz send help....

Comments:
Nice. I think it's funny that kids actually flash the peace symbol. I always thought that was some lame anime thing. Now I know it's a hip japanese kid thing to do.
 
in the second to last pic I think Sumir made one of the kindengarden kids cry. Your a monster sumir :-p

Seriously, what I found amazing was that the Japanese actually grew pumpkins. Especially in Azuma.
 
Aww you went to all that trouble so they could carve jack-o-lanterns? You're probably the best teacher ever.
However, not digging the hair--you're growing a mullet!
Oh and Howard, you didn't know the Asian thing everywhere is to do the peace symbol in pictures? Geez you are white. ;)
 
On the haircut side, I got a nice stylin' cut from a cute girl(who's number I also got ;) just 2 weeks ago.
 
Sumir, Hello. Glad to hear/see your having a good time. Look forward to seeing you over the holidays.
 
HAHA KOLEY, hey what is your email address? plz send me one at


brahmbhatt (at) gmail (dot) com
 
wah!!! sugoi desu. kodomo (kids?) totemo kawaii desuyo! the uniforms really do look like they do in the anime. lol. enough geeky-ness, i hope all is well. Happy Thanksgiving! gonna get any american food?
 
i hope you didn't smash any of those pumpkins on those little kids.
 
Update shinaino?
 
uruse!!! doyoubi shimasu.
Hissatsu no updeito yo!!

matte kure
 
Post a Comment