<$BlogRSDURL$>

Crescent Fresh

Sunday, December 18, 2005

We're all living in Amerika, Amerika, Amerika

Wow I can't believe it. I acutally made it back on time. Just on Thursday I was thinking it would be impossible to make my flight.

You see in order to keep my Visa I would need a re-entry permit. My original plan was to go get it on Thursday afternoon by taking a 1/2 day off from work. After driving 2 hours to Takasaki city I arrive and start to fill out my application only to see that I needed my Alien Registration Card, same as a Green Card here in America. So I reach in my bag for my wallet only to not find it. I run back to my car to realize I didn't bring it with me. But I thought no big deal, I'll just drive home and then go back 1st thing on Friday morning.

I was so angry that I wasted all that time for nothing that I flew back home in less than an hour. I then started to look for my wallet, and I looked, and looked and looked. for around 8 hours at which point I had cleaned my house top to bottom and by now it was 3am. With out that card I wouldn't be able to leave Japan!!!

I woke up after 3hours of sleep and called my supervisor in a last call for help. She came to my house at 8:30 and told me "when was the last time you saw your wallet?"
Well It was tokyo, when I was showing it to some girls. So I called them up and asked if they had seen it. Afte about 40min I got a call and, whaddoyaknow!? My friend had it and never realized it!

By this point it was 10:00am. Now I had to race to tokyo, get my wallet, go back to takasaki, fill out the form and get my permit all before 4pm. And I still didn't know if I would even get my permit the same day I applied for it.

This looks like a job for SHINKANSEN!

NO!! NOT you! GO AWAY YOU, shoo shoo

Yeah there you go.

With the help of my buddy shinkansen I was able to go to tokyo and back in 1hour instead of the usual 4 that it takes.
And yes I was able to get my permit as soon as I turned in the form.

But the problems were not over yet. Once I got back to Azuma I still had to pack, and I also remembered I had left my digi-cam at the JHS. So at around 6pm(it was already -2C by now) I went there got my camera and said good bye. Only to realize that I had left my keys in the car and locked the doors :_(

Thankfully Mr. Arai was a pro at picking locks and was ready to leave in only 20min.

In the end I made it back ok, just really, really, really tired.

Hope to see some of you while I'm here.

sumir

Comments:
Sumir wth are you? Everyone at vandy wants to see you so much!
 
Post a Comment