Crescent Fresh

Sunday, December 18, 2005

We're all living in Amerika, Amerika, Amerika

Wow I can't believe it. I acutally made it back on time. Just on Thursday I was thinking it would be impossible to make my flight.

You see in order to keep my Visa I would need a re-entry permit. My original plan was to go get it on Thursday afternoon by taking a 1/2 day off from work. After driving 2 hours to Takasaki city I arrive and start to fill out my application only to see that I needed my Alien Registration Card, same as a Green Card here in America. So I reach in my bag for my wallet only to not find it. I run back to my car to realize I didn't bring it with me. But I thought no big deal, I'll just drive home and then go back 1st thing on Friday morning.

I was so angry that I wasted all that time for nothing that I flew back home in less than an hour. I then started to look for my wallet, and I looked, and looked and looked. for around 8 hours at which point I had cleaned my house top to bottom and by now it was 3am. With out that card I wouldn't be able to leave Japan!!!

I woke up after 3hours of sleep and called my supervisor in a last call for help. She came to my house at 8:30 and told me "when was the last time you saw your wallet?"
Well It was tokyo, when I was showing it to some girls. So I called them up and asked if they had seen it. Afte about 40min I got a call and, whaddoyaknow!? My friend had it and never realized it!

By this point it was 10:00am. Now I had to race to tokyo, get my wallet, go back to takasaki, fill out the form and get my permit all before 4pm. And I still didn't know if I would even get my permit the same day I applied for it.

This looks like a job for SHINKANSEN!

NO!! NOT you! GO AWAY YOU, shoo shoo

Yeah there you go.

With the help of my buddy shinkansen I was able to go to tokyo and back in 1hour instead of the usual 4 that it takes.
And yes I was able to get my permit as soon as I turned in the form.

But the problems were not over yet. Once I got back to Azuma I still had to pack, and I also remembered I had left my digi-cam at the JHS. So at around 6pm(it was already -2C by now) I went there got my camera and said good bye. Only to realize that I had left my keys in the car and locked the doors :_(

Thankfully Mr. Arai was a pro at picking locks and was ready to leave in only 20min.

In the end I made it back ok, just really, really, really tired.

Hope to see some of you while I'm here.


Sumir wth are you? Everyone at vandy wants to see you so much!
Post a Comment